Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ever Feel Like You're Being Watched?

Maya sure felt that way!
Misha seems to really resent being left out of homeschooling, so she butts in whenever she gets a chance. She'll stand right on the Bible while I'm reading it, making all the kids laugh, while I shove her off lovingly. Today, Maya was trying to complete her phonics exercises while Misha sat right in front of her, just staring at her while she read. Maya made the mistake of petting her, at which point Misha laid down right on top of her workbook.
Crazy cat!

3 comments:

MommaofMany said...

Maya looks so cute in her pigtails.

We have a cat that acts the same way. If there is a paper left on the floor, that's where he will sit. Beware if you are trying to work on the floor! He doesn't get on the table, though, so they are safe there.

BTW, what book is Maya using? I ended up getting Phonics Pathways for my son and it's working very well! I am ditching 100 EZ Lessons for my other son and using PP with him, too. For some reason, though, EZ Lessons works great with my girls but not with my boys

Ginger said...

In that picture, she's reading Phonics Pathways. I use it as a reference tool, for teaching the higher level phonics codes (-augh, -ough, -ight, etc.) For the basics, I LOVE Explode the Code.
I tried 100 EZ Lessons w/ 4 kids, it failed them all.

musicmommy3 said...

Maybe she worked out some sort of deal with the cat. Hey you lay on my work so I cannot do it and I'll pet you later. :)

She does look ADORABLE!!
I love her smile!