Monday, July 12, 2010

Thumb Sucker


Julia sucks her thumb and I love it. When I'm not quick enough to nurse her when she's hungry, she pops in the thumb instead of wailing in protest. When I put her in bed awake, she pops in her thumb, closes her eyes, and puts herself to sleep. And besides all that, it's just so cute!
Elena and Chloe were also thumb-suckers. Chloe sucked her thumb the entire time we were in the herb bath after her birth. Lydia, on the other hand, was a tongue-sucker. No pacifier covered in floor crud, no pruney thumb, all she needed was her own tongue. Too funny.

Which side of the fence are you on? Pacifier or thumb? Do tell.

9 comments:

melissa said...

I had one tongue sucker, one thumb sucker and two pacifier babies!

Kidcraze said...

I've had a couple of tongue suckers and a couple of thumb suckers. No real binky babies, though some of my toddlers enjoyed chewing on a paci esp. when teething.
Our current baby is a definite thumb-sucker. She loves her thumb!

MamaHen said...

I am for whatever works at that moment!

Faith said...

I always pushed the "yahyah", as we call it here, but decided with Canaan that I want him to get his thumb(which he does pretty well so far) so that I'm not up all night "plugging" him back in like I was Justus. However, he doesn't consistently find his thumb quite yet and so sometimes he gets "plugged" :)

mommy4 said...

oh how i love thumb suckers!!!! ella is my only one who did it and she still does, and oh how i love it!!!! she's still a baby to me and i really don't care at the moment if she stops. her teeth are perfect and the dentist doesn't know she sucks her thumb because she always tells me how good her teeth look. ENJOY, i know i do!

Anonymous said...

All our boys have been pacifier babies. However, once they were asleep they did not need them. Johnnie still tries to steal Koyie's and he has not had one for about a year. Koyie also sucks on the thumb joint. I'm not sure if he can find the thumb or if that is what he prefers but that's what he sucks on most of the time.

Gwen said...

My 3 babies never used pacifiers or thumbs or tongues... just me! I was their paci, I guess. :)

Carey said...

Thumbs are GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I had one tongue sucker, one paci baby, and now one thumbsucker, who is five and shows no sign of stopping (except we've limited it to bedtime). It really is hopelessly cute.