Friday, February 8, 2008

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE books. So when my birthday rolled around, the people who know me best (my family) gave me book money. Woo-Hoo!!! The first chance I got after ripping the cash out of the birthday cards, I dashed on over to Amazon to fulfill all my Wishlist wishes. Now I have a full armload of books, a permanent grin on my face, and lots of reading on my "to do" list.



I also bought Home-Making, which looks fantastic and I'm really excited about, as well as The Created to be His Helpmeet Journey, the companion journal to Created to Be His Helpmeet. (Apparently, Amazon doesn't carry those.)

I've been on a biblical fiction kick for awhile lately. I've just finished reading the Lineage of Grace series by Francine Rivers and I highly recommend them all. But I'm itching to go back to non-fiction - my all-time favorite.

7 comments:

Ben and April said...

Ginger,

I read your blog all the time, but have never posted. I found your blog thought the MOMYS board. I am redheadmommy on there. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your posts! I love to read and also love to research the natural lifestyle. We use only natural remedies here at our house with great success!

Anyway, your family is beautiful and I wanted to let you know that your blog is an encouragement to me.

Thanks,
April

Ginger said...

Thank YOU, April! So, do you have any other great books that I've missed? There's still a bit of book money left. ;)

~*~Janelle~*~ said...

I was just wondering how you like Home Making if you've started it yet. I've got it sitting on my shelf and haven't yet read it. I too am a book addict, but I have a hard time trying to find the time to actually READ them...well, time and attention span are my problems!! :)

Ginger said...

I'll be honest, Janelle, I've only read the first chapter of Home-Making, but I can tell I'm going to like it. It's the kind of book you'll wish you were reading while swinging in the breeze on a porch swing.
Read it and tell me what you think! I'll definitely be blogging about it.

The Herd said...

What the Bible Says about Healthy Living is one my favorites! I have my mom reading my copy now.

Hey, if you ever need a book, you can always check here first b/c we are having to get rid of most of our books before Russia. I do have a crock-pot cookbook and more:).
I have lots of fiction, when you get in that mood again.
I just finished what every parent should now about immunizations...great information.

Ben and April said...

Do you have Prescription for Nutritional Healing? Probably so, but if not that is a great book I refer to frequently!

Ginger said...

I actually don't have that one yet, April, but thanks for the reminder! :)

Karen, I'll take whatever books you wanna gimme!! ;) Especially the Vax book if you don't want to keep it.