Homeschooling has been the same way. Initially, we were questioned and criticized for choosing to educate our kids this way. But, after a few years of homeschooling, the criticism was replaced with praise. They began to see the fruit of homeschooling.
- My children have very close-knit releationships with each other.
- They are self-assured and speak in front of others with confidence.
- They aren't too concerned with what other kids think of them. They are great at laughing at themselves.
- They talk to adults with respect, not awkwardness. They make eye contact.
- They are innocent. They appear younger than their same-age schooled peers because they maintain their childhood innocence so much longer.
I could go on. It is so fulfilling and rewarding to see the difference homeschooling has made. I am so proud and a little bit jealous of what my kids have developed as a result.