Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Money Hungry

Yesterday our washer stopped spinning. Not wanting our laundry to back up before we have it fixed, I decided I'd rather go to the laundromat. So, I asked Maya & Isaac (the only money-motivated children in this house) if they had any quarters. Isaac said that he had plenty, so I told him I could trade his quarters for dollars.
So he asks: But how many quarters for a dollar?
I said: Well, how many quarters are in a dollar?
You should have seen his face deflate as he realized I was going to do an even trade.

In true Isaac fashion, he held up 2 fingers and said, disappointingly: Four quarters.

4 comments:

MotherOfBlessings said...

Funny

Jenni said...

That is cute! LOL

My 7 year old son Kyle always wants to pay over the amount needed when he is buying something because he feels like he is "getting" money back when he gets change. For instance, if it costs 1.00, he wants to give them 1.50. So silly, LOL !

debhmom3 said...

Cute. :) Hope your washer is fixed soon!

Donna said...

Don't you just love Liberian math!! LOL!!
Delight in Him