Monday, February 15, 2010

Open a Can, Cook a Meal


I received all the ingredients for this dinner as part of a baby gift from my mother-in-law. I had to share it.

Super Quick Stew:

1-2 lbs. stew meat
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 packet of onion soup mix (and water required) *
1 small bag frozen mixed veggies
1 small bag frozen broccoli

*can substitute 1 family-size can of french onion soup


Dump it all in the crock-pot and leave on low all day. Super simple. Super delicious!

(Cross-posted to my Crock-Pot blog)

3 comments:

MommaofMany said...

That's the most thoughtful kind of gift! Not a useless, plastic toy, but a timesaver that is appreciated!

Shell said...

Great gift idea!

That sounds like a great meal too. I think I'll try the recipe too. LOL

Tell me how it was after you are done making it.

Blessings,
Shell

Ginger said...

I did tell you how it was. It was super delicious. :)