Monday, July 26, 2010

A Rare Ocassion

While running errands with Chloe the other day, we bought a few baby gifts at one store. The cashier asked Chloe: Is someone having a baby?
Chloe looked up at her and said: Yes, our next door neighbor is having a baby girl.
The cashier replied: Oh how wonderful. Well maybe soon you'll have someone to play with!

I couldn't stop myself from giggling. I said: Oh, she has plenty of playmates. She's one of eight.

The customer who was just leaving smiled at me and said: That is a gift from God. What a miracle!

Deadpan look from the cashier as she asked: You have eight children?

I said: Yes, I am really blessed.

Just then, a customer two places behind me peered her head out of the line and said: THAT'S RIGHT! I have five kids and they ARE a blessing!

That just made my day.

5 comments:

Dusti said...

Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

You never know what all those comments may have planted in a listeners hearts!

Mrs T said...

LIKE. :)

mommy4 said...

What?! You mean they didn't pass out on the floor from shock, of hearing someone say their eight children are blessings?! FINALLY!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!! I'm so glad you were able to be blessed by someone's comments, instead of criticized. Your children are such a blessing...to you, and to others!

SZM said...

love it! Wish I had 8 kids. Truly a blessing!