In the midst of a season of frustration, little reminders will pop up to remind me to focus on the big picture:
- Three times in one day, I overheard Maya tell someone that I was her best friend
- Lydia was running out the door, but stopped in her tracks, ran back to me to kiss me and say: "I love you and I think you're cute"
- A perfect stranger comes up to me just to tell me my kids are polite
- Isaac draws a picture of him hugging me, with a bubble above his head that says: You're the best mom ever
- A friend tells me what a joy it is having my family over, because my kids are so well behaved
Today, focus on all the things your kids do right. See if it doesn't change your attitude.