Thursday, February 3, 2011

What Mormons Believe

Since few Christians understand Mormonism, I'll take this opportunity to educate us all about Mormon beliefs.

Mormon beliefs are formulated from five main sources:
  1. The Book of Mormon
  2. The Doctrine and Covenants
  3. The Pearl of Great Price
  4. The King James Bible (the average Mormon doesn't trust the Bible, but only Joseph Smith's "inspired" translation of it.)
  5. Living Mormon apostles and prophets, especially the Mormon church president
As a Christian, my beliefs are based solely on the inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:12)

In Mormon theology, Jesus is not God incarnate, the eternal Creator, who was begotten by the Holy Spirit. Mormons deny the Trinity and believe that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are three separate gods.
Instead of teaching that Jesus is our immortal God who became man, the LDS church teaches Jesus is a mortal man who became a god and showed that all men can do the same.
This is not the Jesus of the Bible!

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:6-9

This is exactly what Joseph Smith did. He said that an "angel" clothed in light that gave him "another testament".

(Reference: World Religions in a Nutshell by Ray Comfort)



I sincerely apologize for any confusion I have caused by my ignorant posting of the above blog button. I have removed it and have requested that my blog be removed from the Mega Family Blogger list.

4 comments:

MommaofMany said...

Thanks for sharing. I didn't see that when I signed up, either. I wonder if it's a new admission. I have taken the same steps as you.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for your confession and testimony! Loretta

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for your confession and testimony! Loretta

Andrea Hill said...

Haha Ginger, I loved how you broke it down for readers who are uneducated about Christians, Mormons and the beliefs. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Yes I know with all my heart that you are on fire for the Lord but even more so live by the bible.