Monday, September 10, 2012

Why I Love Homeschooling

I'm pretty sure I've blogged about this before, but I have new reasons now:

  • My 14 yo daughter plopped on the couch on Saturday night and read Tales from Shakespeare in her pj's. 
  • My almost 13 yo daughter still holds my hand when we're out together. 
  • None of my kids have labels, although several would if they were out-schooled.
  • My kids are confident and secure. They are able to laugh at themselves.
  • If I don't get enough sleep, school starts later. Or it starts without me. 
  • I really love going to the zoo/museum/vacation when no one else is there!
  • My kids' best friends are each other.
  • God is developing patience in me, as well as compassion and endurance.
  • I'm a better mom because of homeschooling. 

1 comment:

The Mama Behind the Story said...

Absolutely! Great list! My list continues to grow, too. :)