Thursday, April 10, 2008

Family Game Night

A couple nights a week we play a game before the kids go to bed. Tuesday night, Elena chose Pictionary, so tonight Isaac picked Junior Monopoly.(Since someone always asks) I'm not in the picture, because I didn't want to be in the picture. I haven't been feeling great and I looked plain awful. You don't get to see me looking like that.
The game is only set up for 4 players, so we use a penny and a dime as two extra pawns. Daniel and I are a team, and Lydia & Kyle are a team. (They roll the dice for us and they're quite skilled at it.)
Since there are only four game pawns, there are also only four colors of houses. So Kyle and I use legos. See what creativity you gain by being a bigger than average family?

Highlights of the game:
  • Isaac cried when he was corrected the second time for rolling the die and knocking houses over. (He's a perfectionist just like his daddy.)
  • Chloe was completely unaffected all seventeen times she was corrected for playing too slow.
  • Maya won "Moply" with a whopping $28
  • Lydia serenaded us with the first 6 words of Amazing Grace, over and over again.
  • Daniel was quiet as usual, but smiled when anyone looked at him.
  • Elena learned, for the first time, the point of Monopoly: ownership. (She's a tightwad like her mommy.)

4 comments:

Jenileigh said...

What fun! Your family looks so fun! I enjoy stopping by and seeing your great pictures and seeing the neat things you all are doing!

The Lord has called me into a 40 day internet fast, so I wanted to communicate that I would be away for a while. I am hosting a giveaway at my place so come on by and read about it and participate! I'll be drawing shortly after my return!

Our Family: said...

Family Game nights are so much fun!!! Our kids love them!

Jeffrey said...

Sounds fun! :)

Faith said...

Looks like fun! The kids and I love to play games but Jonah hates it! It is very hard to get him to play but he relents sometimes, although not as often as we would like. I always love to see your pictures Ginger!