The game is only set up for 4 players, so we use a penny and a dime as two extra pawns. Daniel and I are a team, and Lydia & Kyle are a team. (They roll the dice for us and they're quite skilled at it.)
Since there are only four game pawns, there are also only four colors of houses. So Kyle and I use legos. See what creativity you gain by being a bigger than average family?
Highlights of the game:
- Isaac cried when he was corrected the second time for rolling the die and knocking houses over. (He's a perfectionist just like his daddy.)
- Chloe was completely unaffected all seventeen times she was corrected for playing too slow.
- Maya won "Moply" with a whopping $28
- Lydia serenaded us with the first 6 words of Amazing Grace, over and over again.
- Daniel was quiet as usual, but smiled when anyone looked at him.
- Elena learned, for the first time, the point of Monopoly: ownership. (She's a tightwad like her mommy.)