Monday, August 25, 2008

Aim High, Girls!


School officials in Palo Alto are reconsidering their use of a popular speaker for an annual career day after he advised middle school students that they could earn a good living as strip dancers.

William Fried told eighth-graders at Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle School that stripping and exotic dancing could be lucrative career moves for girls, offering as much as $250,000 or more per year, depending on their bust size.

In defense, Fried said, "It's sick, but it's true, you can earn a tremendous amount of money as an exotic dancer, if that's your desire."

Read more here.


Rachel Marie said...


Ginger said...

You are of course kidding right?

The Sparks Circus said...

Ohh my reason 5,432,128 why I homeschool my kids. That is so sad that girls might actually be lured into doing this by promises of good money. Wow

MotherOfBlessings said...

How awful!!

Hey Ginger,
Can I use your "101 Reason To Homeschool" banner?

Ginger said...


Don't copy the image. It's a link to their website. Otherwise, it's stealing. Email me ( and I'll give you the code.

MommaofMany said...

I have absolutely nothing to say about this...I can only shake my head in sorrow for those young people.