Thursday, September 4, 2008

Multi-Tasking

Women multi-task. Men compartmentalize. There's a book I've heard good things about but never read called Men are Waffles, Women are Spaghetti. Humorous title but accurate analogy. Sometimes I wish I could close windows in my mind, but I'm generally thinking about 5-6 things at a time. It can be a real curse come bedtime.

Here, Elena is stirring pasta with her left hand and quickly shaking the pot of popcorn with her right hand. "Look at me, Mom, I'm cooking just like the mom in Love Comes Softly when she learns how to cook well, " she exclaimed.

She's a mommy in training and she knows it. She's so proud of herself!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Love Comes Softly series is my FA-VOR-ITE! (I wish I could get my husband to read it! ;))

What a good mommy she's going to be! I'm so proud of her cooking and smiling!

(My daughter recently "nursed" her baby doll to sleep at bedtime--too cute!)

I love when they pick up our GOOD habits! :)

musicmommy3 said...

AWESOME!!!

Loved it!