Monday, October 13, 2008

So Glad It's Fall!

It's my favorite time of year. I love the fall! Summer is finally over and we can enjoy playing outside without sweating. We've hit the park almost every day this week.
I read our Bible study while the kids eat breakfast, then I make sure phonics and math get done. That's plenty of school work (we call it Half Time- we do half the work because the weather's nice.) By 10ish, we're getting shoes on and heading outdoors.
Sometimes I find the girls just sitting and chatting.

One day last week, we spent the whole day outside. Went to the park right after out bity bit of school, ate lunch there, then went back right after naps. At dinner time, we ran to get something to eat and ate it outside.
The kids have a sudden passion for baseball. Since they didn't bring any equipment with them, they hunted for a branch for a bat and a crab apple for a ball.

I don't want to waste any of this awesome weather! I'm really bummed that I'm going to have to run a bunch of errands today, grocery shopping. (Sprout's for produce, the bakery for bread and tortillas, and the Chinese market for 20 lb. bags of rice and as many rice noodles as they have in stock.) While it's fantastic weather outside, we're going to be inside buying groceries. Grrrr. But I have book club tonight, so I can't do it then. I won't sacrifice anything for my book club.

My goodness, that boy is cute! I sure do love him. I love him enough to pass up good weather in order to buy food for him. The way he eats, it seems like it is all for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for fall!