- We don't separate loads into white, dark, colors. We wash all our clothes in cold water. Nothing bleeds.
- Everybody has their own color-coded towel that we use for a week before washing them all together in one load. We wash towels in hot water.
- Once a week, we strip all the beds and wash the sheets in hot water. Linens are the only thing we wash in hot water. (The kids don't have flat sheets, just fitted sheets and a blanket. Blankets are washed on an as-needed basis.)
- We only wash clothes that are dirty or sweaty.
- We have a laundry schedule:
Girls wash their clothes on Tuesdays. 1-2 loads. (5 girls)
Boys wash their clothes on Wednesdays. 1 load. (2 boys)
Kids wash their sheets & towels on Thursdays. 1-2 loads.
I wash baby clothes & sheets on Fridays. (1 load)