Saturday, December 4, 2010

Book Review: A Time to Embrace

I decided I wanted a break from non-fiction for awhile. Karen Kingsbury is one of those few Christian writers who thinks Christian fiction should be more than just clean fiction. I trust her as an author and she didn't let me down. I really enjoyed this book. It deals with forgiveness, trusting in God's sovereignty, and the covenant of marriage. A Time to Embrace is a follow up to A Time to Dance, which I loved but read so long ago, I only vaguely remember the details of it. No matter. This book stands alone.
I was a little irked that all the loose ends are tied up in one perfect bow at the end. Life doesn't always work that way, and more importantly God is glorified whether we receive the answer we wanted or not. But other than that, it was a great read. Not just pleasant, but convicting-- what Christian fiction should be.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson for my honest review.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

"Karen Kingsbury is one of those few Christian writers who thinks Christian fiction should be more than just clean fiction"

Right-on! :)