Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Story of the 'Shroom

While we were eating dinner last night, we were discussing different plays. Elena mentioned "that one where the donkey falls in love with whoever he sees first." Several at the table knew what she was talking about but couldn't remember the name of the play.
Maya: Midsummer Night's Dream!!

Bingo.

Then Maya said: I love that one where the girl pretends to be a boy . . .

Me: As You Like It!

Bingo.

I ask: Who wrote those plays?

Everybody: Shakespeare!

Bingo.

Chloe: I love the one about the lady who has such a bad temper. Something about a mushroom.

I realized she meant "The Taming of the Shrew" and I nearly spit out my food laughing.

(No Chloe, it's not The Taming of the 'Shroom!)


On behalf of the Clark family, I sincerely apologize to Shakespeare, who was much better with words.