Why choose herbs instead of drugs?
- Herbs were created by God for healing and nutrition. Drugs are synthetic forms of all that God made.
- God knows better than man. Always.
- Drug antibiotics frequently result in recurrences of the illness. The earlier they are given, the greater the chance of recurrence.
- Drugs treat symptoms; herbs heal. Think about meds given for reflux, for instance. They make the symptoms stop, but do not heal the problem causing the reflux. So the reflux is still present and still problematic, even if you can't feel it.
- Herbs are cheaper.
- Herbs are just as straightforward as drugs. If you can learn the difference between Tylenol and Tums, you can learn what herb to use for what problem too.
This is my favorite book for learning about herbs. This is the one I keep going back to: