Friday, June 8, 2012

Girls Only

When the girls asked if we could do a Girls' Night Out, I jumped right on that and sent Kyle and the boys packing. They (along with Julia) went to the lake house to spend the night, while I had alone time with my big girls. Within minutes of kissing Kyle goodbye, we headed out the door to IHOP for dinner.


We took turns asking each other a question to get to know each other better. Elena asked everyone what their favorite restaurant was. Lydia asked everyone what their favorite candy is. It was a lot of fun and we learned a lot in the process.


After breakfast for dinner, I ordered Blueberry Cheese Blintzes for us to share for dessert. They all said it was the best dessert they'd ever eaten in their lives! Wow, that compliment made my night. I have explained to the girls, when they ask why I don't always swim when we go to a pool: It doesn't make sense to you now, but one day you'll understand that just watching your kids have fun IS a whole lot of fun.      

When we got back home, we snuggled on the couch together and watched Fiddler on the Roof, one of their favorite movies.


The next morning, after a big breakfast, we planned to go to an indoor pool but found out it was only open in the afternoon. I was really bummed! We went to a nearby splash area instead and they were done after about 20 minutes because of the wind.


After the splash park, we stopped at McDonald's and got free smoothies (did you get that coupon?) and then headed out again for some thrift store shopping. That always puts me in a good mood and it did again. :)

Right next door to the thrift store is a Dollar Tree. What luck! We stopped in and all got our favorite candy to snack on while we finished Fiddler on the Roof. 

Overall, it was a fantastic time being with my girls. I loved every minute of it. 

1 comment:

MommaofMany said...

Girl time is so special. I took my three oldest girls out today to clean at a 92yo widow's house. We didn't end up doing any cleaning. She wanted to visit instead. We had a bit of girl-time before we went (because I had read your post and decided to MAKE the time) and I cherish it! Thanks for the reminder to do little fun things together more often.