I had so much fun with that limerick contest that I've decided to have a poetry contest myself.
Next week is my birthday. With the way the kids are all talking it up, I'm really looking forward to it. All their cute little secrets make me eager for January 30th. How old will I be next week, you ask? Well, I'll be a year older than I am now, thanks so much for asking.
For Elena's first birthday, we had a Dr. Seuss themed party and everyone wrote a poem to commemorate her first year. It was quite a hoot! So, in honor of my birthday, I'd like a poem.
- Before noon of next Wednesday, Jan. 30th (that'd be my birthday) you may enter one poem into the contest.
- Your poem may be any style (couplet, free verse, iambic pentameter) so long as it is your own.
- Submit your poem here. Do not put it in the comments.
- On January 30th (my birthday), I'll post all the poems for your judgment.
- The poet with the most votes will win a Starbucks product.