Monday, June 23, 2008

Getting It All Done, Part 2

My friend Beth was kind enough to remind me that I never did follow through on Part Two of "Getting It All Done". I do that a lot, sorry! I had promised you all our chore chart and here it is: Daily Chores
And so you'll know what that actually looks like, I took pictures of all of us doing our chores on Friday:
Elena swept the dining room and entry way.
Maya swept the kitchen and den.
Isaac swept the front porch and sidewalk. (I have no idea what's up with the Aunt Jemima thing he's got goin' on.)
I was washing sheets and towels.
(I think Pedro produces way too much laundry for one week. What do you think??)
Elena wanted more camera time, so she found more work to do on her own. Whatever motivates you, honey. I'll take pictures of you all day long if you wanna clean the house top to bottom!
After the girls swept, Isaac mopped the kitchen and den and Chloe mopped the dining room and entry way.
Daniel and Lydia unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. It makes them feel so important when I ask them to do this. They are my most willing workers.

6 comments:

Jamie Wooddell said...

So, who cleans the girls bedroom?

Ginger said...

The girls.

The Herd said...

I love the chart--I am going to use it!!!
I love the pics too!

Jenileigh said...

I love this! The kids look like they love helping! What a way to instill good work ethics with them. I love it! The young ones helping too, so often I forget that there are things that the little ones can help with to...all along...not something you wait for. Hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

First, I'm honored to be referred to as "friend! *Ü*
As for being so kind *cough* as to remind you, *cough*, I was being so self-serving *cough* as to remind you! But thank you for putting it so nicely! LOL!
How do you enforce the chores? Do they have a check of list? Card to move over?
Thanks so much for sharing!
Beth

Ginger said...

I announce: "It's chore time!" and put on some music. I tell each kid what their job is and hand them their "tool". :D
We're all working at the same time, so it's easy for me to keep them on task, altho that isn't generally a problem. Until chore time is over, I just keep every one occupied with something, like: "Until she finishes sweeping, can you go put away your folded laundry?" The babies will use any free time to help me with my chore.
At their ages, I figure even with a chart, I'd still have to make sure they actually adhered to the chart, so it's not helping me much.
Pedro does just refer to the chore chart on the fridge and do it whenever he has time in the day to get it done. Sometimes he does 2 chores in one day; there's grace for that.