Thursday, March 25, 2010

What I've Been Up To

For once, I bought too much fabric instead of too little. So, after making the rocking chair cushions, I still had quite a bit of the floral fabric. I decided to make this:

After realizing that it's just a big rectangle, I felt really stupid for having spent money on a fancy-shmancy nursing cover that I ended up not liking. (Nevermind that I only paid shipping for it; homemade was still cheaper.)

Look at those precious little feet sticking out!
So, then I still some more fabric leftover (I must be really bad at estimating), so I made this grocery bag holder:

After a diaper change, I grab one of these bags and toss the little stinky thing in it before tossing it in the trash can. Diaper pails are so first-time-momish.

7 comments:

~Stephanie said...

Love the nursing cover.. trying to decide what kind of print I want. :)

Faith said...

So cute! I didn't like the one I bought either and think I might tear it apart and use the boning to make a new one. Great idea! And I love the grocery bag holder, really cute. :)

Ginger said...

That's exactly what I did, Faith.

heartchild said...

I am loving all of your projects lately. Inspiring!

MommaofMany said...

It boggles my mind how much you are accomplishing with a new baby in the house!

Ginger said...

You're one to talk, MommaofMany!!

m said...

"Diaper pails are so first-time-momish."

{{giggle}}

Love your craftiness, all of it is too cute!