Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Cleanse Time Again

It's Day 4 for me on the Master Cleanse and I'm feeling so much better already. I gotta say it's really a lesson in selflessness, making food for other people 3 times a day (plus snacks twice a day) while not eating. It's a lesson I can always use and I'm grateful, but I'm not saying it's easy!
Friday week is our annual Family Fun Day, so I planned this cleanse around that. Can't let everyone eat homemade pizza without me!

Several people have asked for the specifics. This is for you:

Here's how the Master Cleanse works:

(1) Drink 1 qt. of salt water first thing every morning. 2 tsp. good quality sea salt (NOT Morton's) in a quart of filtered water.

(2) Then drink at least 8 glasses of the MC lemonade:
1 oz. Grade B maple syrup
1 oz. fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
8 oz. filtered water
1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper

(I actually love the taste of this spicy lemonade. You will feel hungry if you drink less than 8 glasses.)

(3) Drink a cup of Senna Leaf tea every night before bed. AKA Smooth Move tea or Get Regular tea. Senna is a laxative herb.

The Master Cleanse is designed for a minimum of 10 days.

That's it!


Here's to your health,

No comments: